A Field Guide to Digital Transformation is the definitive book on digital transformation. Top-selling IT author Thomas Erl and long-time practitioner Roger Stoffers combine to provide comprehensive, yet easy-to-understand coverage of essential digital transformation concepts, practices, and technologies in the format of a plain-English tutorial written for any IT professionals, students, or decision-makers.
With more than 160 diagrams, this guide provides a highly visual exploration of what digital transformation is, how it works, and the techniques and technologies required to successfully build modern-day digital transformation solutions.
Learn from the experts and:
- Discover what digital transformation is, why it emerged and when to apply it
- Identify the significant business benefits that successful digital transformations can deliver and how to turn your organization into a “disruptive” force
- Prepare for and overcome the common challenges associated with digital transformation initiatives
- Understand the data-driven nature of digital transformation solutions and how they use and continually accumulate data intelligence
- Understand how digital transformation solutions can utilize AI technology for intelligent automated decision-making
- Gain insight into customer-centricity and how its practices are applied as part of digital transformations
- Explore key digital transformation automation technologies, such as Robotic Process Automation (RPA), Internet of Things (IoT), Blockchain. and Cloud Computing
- Explore key digital transformation data science technologies, such as Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning, and Big Data Analysis & Analytics
The book concludes with a uniquely detailed and highly visual real-world business scenario that provides step-by-step insights into how a digital transformation solution works, how it utilizes data intelligence to improve customer relationship building, and how it collects new data intelligence in support of ehancing future business capabilities.